U.S. SMS Gateway
SMS Gateway facilitates communication between your application and wireless carriers. ClearLine SMS Gateway is designed to accomplish this goal. With a single interface and one time integration, we can have your application up and testing within minutes.
SMS Gateway functionality
SMS Gateways are connected to carrier networks on one side and software applications on the other side.
A request containing a message and a phone number is submitted to the gateway (through its API) that locates the country and carrier network associated with the phone number. The message is then passed to the respective carrier and sent on to the recipient’s phone number.
The diagram below demonstrates the message flow between a typical application, ClearLine SMS Gateway, and mobile users around the world:
SMS Gateway Benefits
- Gateway providing the option of SMS, Secure SMS, Data, Voice and Email
- Equipped with ready to roll-out campaign management modules: Use our powerful secure website and cutting-edge mobile marketing tools to help you design, execute, report, and enhance the capability of your mobile strategy
- Redundant Gateway: ClearLine Mobile addresses the single point of failure challenge with a unique redundant gateway
- Global coverage with one integration: A one time integration connects you to virtually any phone number across 700 carriers in over 200 countries
- Support of Secure SMS: SMS Gateway can be upgraded to Secure SMS Gateway, featuring government standard encryption and end-to-end privacy with receive/read confirmation to over 200 countries and 700 carriers
Using SMS Gateway
Connecting to 2-Way SMS Gateway is straightforward: Based on the technology you have use within your own application, you can choose from several of the mobile industry’s most popular API’s to send and receive messages. Choose from HTTP/S, Java, .NET, Web Services, or SMTP.
You can also use our powerful web tools and plug and play scripts without the need for developing any code to send or receive messages.
What is a mobile short code and how does it relate to an SMS Gateway?
Short codes, usually 5 to 6 digits in length, are used by carriers to pass messages through their networks for communication between program operators and mobile devices.
To run any mobile program, you need to use a mobile short code. ClearLine can provide you with an existing short code or help you obtain a new one.
If you are already familiar with the SMS Gateway concept, you can register to download the ClearLine API and SDK Manuals and begin testing immediately.